The Energy Detective
Monthly Drawing for Free Energy Efficiency Products
Win the Energy Detective - TED® 1001
Winner of Best Green Gadget of the Year Awards.
Monitor your electricity usage. Get real time feedback. Reduce utility bills, electricity consumption, and your environmental footprint.
Thank you for your interest in Home Energy Team and making your home as energy efficient as possible. You can easily make your home more comfortable, while reducing your utility expenses and helping the environment. Home Energy Team has the answers to all your questions. Please see contest details below:
1. To enter the contest, Simply complete the brief online form. You will automatically be entered in the monthly drawing for the TED® 1001 Energy Detective that will be delivered to the winner free of any charge whatsoever.
2. Mail entries can be made by sending the same information requested in the online questionnaire to the contest sponsor and promoter:
Energy Efficiency Product Free Drawing
Home Energy Team
P.O. Box 28
Gaithersburg, MD 20884
3. One TED® 1001 Energy Detective will be awarded every month through December 31, 2012. The retail value of the TED® 1001 Energy Detective is $119.95. The sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate free gift of equal or greater value in the event this product is no longer available and to end the free drawing at any time at its sole discretion.
4. The odds of winning depend solely on the number of entries each month. If during any month there are no entries, no drawing shall occur.
5. Visitors to the Home Energy Team website eighteen years or older living in Continental United States, Hawaii or Alaska are eligible to receive the free monthly prize. Employees and officers of the sponsor are not eligible to participate. The first drawing shall occur on April 1, 2012 for all entries made during prior months. Thereafter, the drawing shall occur on the first working day of each month. The Marketing Communications Manager of Home Energy Team shall draw one entry at random. Anyone known personally to the Marketing Communications Manager shall be declared ineligible for the prize. The monthly award shall be delivered by United Parcel Service and shall be sent one week after the date of the drawing.
6. A list of prize winners can be obtained from the Marketing Communications Manager by written request sent to the address shown in item two above.
We were unaware of what was involved in an energy audit and your audior took the time to explain everything. We were impressed with the report which told us the areas in which we need to take action on. He never pressured us to use any particular contractors, he just suggested that we go to the HomeEnergyTeam web site to select contractors of our own choice. He did an excellent job and we HIGHLY recommend the Home Energy Team. We already have recommended them to several of our neighbors. Again, EXCELLENT JOB!
The Home Energy Team auditor was very knowledgeable. I was VERY HAPPY with him. He promptly E-mailed my energy audit report to me and I will consider all of his recommendations.
We found out that our house really has no energy problems. We are happy to know that we
I was very satisfied with your energy auditor. He was very qualified and spent a great deal of time with me. The energy audit was very informative.
The energy auditor was very good and helpful. He keeps in touch with me to answer any of my questions.
I was very satisfied with my energy audit. The auditor gave me some tips on attic insulation that were very helpful.
I was very satisfied with my energy audit. Thank you!
Very good service! I am going to replace the windows as the auditor had suggested.
I was very happy with the energy audit. THANKS!
My energy audit was very helpful. Joe Dempsey, your auditor, identified some structural problems that I was not aware of and explained to me why I need more insulation.
The auditor was EXCELLENT! He spent ALOT of time with me. I am going to take 3 to 4 of his suggestions and correct these small items to save on my energy bills.
The auditor did a GREAT JOB! He knew a lot about older homes, which we have. The report was very comprehensive. Thank you!
Your energy auditor was very nice and helpful. He answered all of our questions. We will recommend Home Energy Team to our friends and neighbors.
The auditor did a TERRIFIC JOB! The report was FANTASTIC! I will make all the repairs he suggested. I will definitely recommend him to everyone I know that could benefit from a home energy audit.
Steve Sleigh, Chevy Chase
The energy auditor was very professional and I am very satisfied with both the energy audit and the report I received. I will be referring the Home Energy Team.
I was very satisfied with the auditor. He was great and gave me some very valuable information. I will refer him to people I know who may need a home energy audit.
Your home energy audit proved to be very informative and helpful. I was not aware of the updraft created inside our walls because of the balloon framing construction. You said that that can cause heat to be pulled out of the house with the draft going up inside the walls and should be re-mediated. You also said that the attic insulation was insufficient and that fiberglass batts can leave spaces for around the edges causing heat loss and that it should have blown in insulation on top of what was there to seal the whole attic and increase the r factor. After going over your findings and telling me how you would fix the problems you told me how I could do it myself with stuff from the Home Center and for a quarter of the cost. Well, I did. I went into the basement and filled the bottom of the wall joist with unfaced insulation where they set on the sill plate. I then cut one inch foam board the size for each space and set it in and the sealed the edges of that with expanding foam as well as the sill plate to the foundation. I also sealed the sill plate to the foundation where the joist ran along it, as well as the top of those joist where it made contact with the subflooring. Next I went to the home center and rented their blown insulation machine and got ten bales of the insulation. I filled the attic on top of the batt insulation with about six inches giving another r-19 factor on top of the r-19 that was there. You said that the blown in would also help seal the heat loss around the edges of the batt. The work in the basement cost $144.00 and the work in the attic cost $328.00. After the 30% federal energy tax credit it will end up costing me about $330.00, which you said I should recover in savings in the first year. Thank You for all your advice and expertise. You made me aware of things I should consider and did.